When selecting modules/courses students must pay attention to the method of assessment. Some are assessed by essay, others by examinations.
- Semester 1 (TB1) Some modules have examinations in January and students are required to be present in Swansea for these. Some modules require the submission of coursework. It is the responsibility of students to check the method of assessment before selecting their modules.
- Students not planning to be in Swansea for the January assessment period need to select modules assessed by coursework and class tests rather than by examination in January.
- Semester 2 (TB2) All examinations take place in May/June.In normal circumstances, students are required to be present at all set examinations and should NOT arrange return flights home until their final examination timetable is confirmed by the Examination Office at Swansea University. These timetables are published in in early April for May/June examinations.
For details on how assessment is being carried out during current circumstances, please visit https://myuni.swansea.ac.uk/academic-life/examinations/
Please note that Swansea University will not:
- proctor examinations for students.
- allow students to sit Swansea examinations at their home universities.