Our Research Highlights
- Our research environment is rated as 100% conducive to producing research of internationally excellent or world-leading quality.
- 100% of our research environment rated world-leading or internationally excellent, an increase of 12.5%.
- The quality of our research outputs is rated as world-leading, internationally excellent, or internationally recognised in terms of originality, significance and rigour.
- 23.4% of research outputs are rated as world-leading, an increase of 14.5%
- 80% of the impact of our research is rated as outstanding and very considerable impacts in terms of their reach and significance
- Research income has grown from a total of £1.6m reported in REF2014 to over £7m reported in REF2021 – an increase of 375%
- We have grown our PGR cohort from 25 in 2013/2014 to 68 in 2019/2020, an increase of 172%
“Through the provision of excellence in our research environment, business and management at Swansea University continues to go from strength-to-strength. This is evident in the significant gains we have made in research outputs rated as world leading, and also in the growth in our research income and PhD completions.”
- Professor Paul Jones, Head of School of Management and UoA 17 Lead