What advice would you give to a new student arriving at Swansea or what do you wish you had known?
We asked our alumni those very questions.
You gave us some brilliant advice, lots of useful hints and tips on how to make friends and get the most out of your time with us, as well as a few truly priceless pearls of wisdom!
Here are some of the best:
- Grasp every opportunity, you will never get this time again - Linda, Class of 2008
- Get to know not just the people in your flat but surrounding flats and attend all the big events you can. I didn't know about varsity in my first year and missed out. Was gutted when I realised it was the biggest event in the calendar! I competed every year in it afterwards! - Emily, Class of 2012
- I wish I'd known how fast the 3 years would shoot by and to savour every moment. Visit the beach as often as you can for late night barbecues and enjoy every single second of it. It flies by so quickly. Swansea is the most beautiful and amazing place and coming here completely changed my life. Be prepared to fall in love with the city and never want to leave. - Sue, Class of 1984
- Life unfolds in proportion to your courage. - Stephen, Class of 1985
- The library offers a range of workshops to help you develop academic skills. The library staff are very friendly and approachable. Singleton Library might seem like a confusing maze, but the staff will point you in the right direction. - Peter, Class of 2019
"You got this. And if all else fails? Go to the beach"